Special Education Needs Coordinator
SECTION: Student Development Services (SDS) Department
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Special Education Needs Coordinator
Oversee, manage and lead the delivery of SDS services to our School community, including:
- Assessment of students’ skills to determine their needs and the development of teaching plans and lesson delivery
- Adaptation of lessons to meet the needs of students
- Development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for each student, organizing and assigning activities that are specific to each students abilities
- Teaching and mentoring students as a class, in small groups and one-on-one
- Implementing of IEPs, assessment of students’ performance and tracking of their progress
- Updating of IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Discussion of student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, administrators and external professionals
- Supervising and mentoring teachers who work with students with special needs, and students with high abilities
- Preparing and helping students transition from grade to grade
- Working in partnership with teachers and parents
- Facilitating human resources activities including professional development
- Contribute to whole-School and extra-curricular activities
- Comply with all of the School’s policies and regulations – specifically those relating to discipline, academic honesty, inclusion, assessment and health and safety.
- A degree in Special Education or Educational Psychology, with emphasis on Special Education and/or Psychopedagogy
- At least 2 years experience in a leadership role as part of a team accommodating the requirement of students with different needs
REQUIREMENTS – EXPECTED ATTRIBUTES:
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Have a flexible approach to work and a positive approach to management
- Have effective communication, organization and time management skills
- Be able to manage own workload effectively and respond swiftly to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships
- Willingness to share expertise, skills and knowledge and ability to encourage others
- Maintain a personal commitment to Professional Development linked to the competencies necessary to deliver the requirements of the post, including being reflective on their own practice and the practice of others
- In making an application, for both local and international contracts, candidates are asked to make it absolutely clear for what position they are applying. The School will not necessarily reply to speculative applications; only to those sent in response to advertised positions. However we do keep a limited database of previous applications.
- We only contract qualified teachers who have at least two years of relevant, prior experience. Also, we teach English throughout the school as a first language and because of this, we do not offer international contracts to EFL or ESL teachers.
- If you qualify and are interested in applying for any of our job openings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a brief description as to why you think your qualifications and experience would make you a good candidate for the advertised post.