Primary Admission (6 to 11 years)
The primary school consists of Years 1 to 5, for students aged 6-11 years. Students may start at any time of the school year, but this is dependent on available space.
- Satisfy the age requirements for the intended year level
- Spend a trial day at school in a class of the intended year level
- Achieve satisfactory results in the British School’s maths and reading comprehension assessments (both conducted in English)
- Have a good level of spoken English (students new to English are not accepted in the Primary school)
- Have a minimum of a ‘B’ or 80% in conduct from the previous school
- Submit a completed application form including all of the necessary documentation. You can download the document checklist HERE.
- The student will spend a day in a class of the intended year level. A representative from the admissions team will contact parents to book an evaluation date. More detailed information about the process on the day of the evaluation will be emailed with the confirmation of the date. Evaluations are only scheduled if there is space available.
- Parents are informed of the results of the evaluation after 3.00pm on the same day as the evaluation.
- If a place is offered, parents will have two weeks to pay the appropriate fees. After this time, the place may be offered to another student.
Have more questions? Please visit our FAQ page for answers to our most commonly asked questions about the school and the admissions process.