- Monday 9th September: Children’s Day - Non-uniform (Pyjama Day) for all year levels
- Monday 9th September: Year 6 Spanish trip - Teatro Popular Melico Salazar. 8:00 am – 11:00 am
- Monday 9th September: Year 8C Service Learning - Escuela Unidocente Yolanda. 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday 10th September: Years 1 to 5 - Acto Cívico - Civic Week. 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Wednesday 11th September: Early Years 1 to Early Years 3 - Acto Cívico - Civic Week. 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Thursday 12th September: Years 11 & 12 SRT College Fair, Pan American School. 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Friday 13th September: Acto Cívico - Independence Day (whole School). 8:10 am - 9:30 am
- Monday 16th September: Start of Year 11NB Final Exam Week
CHILDREN’S DAY PLANS: On Monday 9th of September the British School will be celebrating Children’s Day with a number of activities organised by the Student Council. Students from all year levels are invited to come to school in their pyjamas (non-uniform day) with activities throughout the day including an extended lunch with various games for Primary Students and an inter-generational dodgeball tournament for Secondary Students. In addition, “bolis” will also be available for purchase from the Soda.
CHANGES TO PRIMARY CLASSROOMS: To better support changes to teaching practices in the Primary school, bag hooks are being moved to the walls outside the classrooms. This will give teachers more space to provide flexible learning options for the students including, for example, reading corners, construction areas, chill out spaces, etc. The exact layout will depend on the needs of the class and the curriculum. This means that bags will now be stored outside the classrooms. To minimise lost items, we ask for your help in ensuring all articles sent to school are labelled with your child’s name and class. This helps us to quickly identify an owner in the case of a dispute. Found items with labels are returned immediately to the children, whereas unlabelled items go directly to the lost and found cupboards. For students that buy food from the Soda, we recommend creating an account directly with them to avoid money being lost.
ATHLETICS: Congratulations to André García, from Year 9C, on achieving 3rd place in the 300 metres race at the National Team Ranking Championship organised by the Costa Rican Athletics Federation.
YEAR 11 EXAM WEEK: We would like to remind parents of all Year 11 students that the Year 11 NB final exam week begins on Monday 16th of September. Year 11 IB students will also have final exams in the subjects of Estudios Sociales and Cívica on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th of September.
ACEP COMPETITION EXHIBITION: Congratulations to this year’s ACEP Art competition entries. From Secondary, Year 12 IB students; Amanda Jacob and Stella Sánchez, and for the Primary category, Year 5 students; Paulina Zúñiga and Marcella Patel, who all have artwork on exhibition at the Sophie Wanamaker Gallery from 3rd September until 11th September.