- Monday 28th October: Year 8B Service Learning Activity: Asociación Animales de Asís – 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Monday 28th October: Year 9 Estudios Sociales visit to Fábrica Jacks – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 29th October: Year 11 National Baccalaureate Exams begin
- Wednesday 30th October: Year 11IB Study Day
- Thursday 31st October: Year 8 Estudios Sociales visit to Iglesia de Orosí y Ruinas de Ujarrás – 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Thursday 31st October: Early Years 2 trip to Santa Ana Conservation Centre
REGISTRATION 2020: We should like to remind you that the annual Registration Fee (Matrícula) for the School Year 2020 should be paid by Thursday the 31st of October 2019 (before 2:30 pm). After that date, we cannot guarantee a place for your child/children next year and a surcharge of ₡10,000 will be applied to late payments.
RACSA SUSPENDS E-MAIL SERVICE: We wish to remind you that all “Racsa” email addresses will SOON be taken out of service. Therefore, members of the School community will not be able to communicate with us via the address firstname.lastname@example.org after the 31st of October. Consequently, we have incorporated a new email address (email@example.com) to be used in place of that defunct “Racsa” address. Equally, the school will not be able to communicate with parents who are still using a racsa.co.cr email address.
YEAR 1 INDUCTION – SAVE THE DATE: On the morning of Tuesday 12thof November, we will be running an information session for Early Years 3 parents to help smooth the transition to Year 1 next year. Further information will be emailed directly to Early Years 3 parents.
PRIMARY TALENT SHOW: The "III Talent Show 2019" is an opportunity to encourage participation, creativity and bonding among students of the different levels in the Primary School. Their participation will be developed in four artistic areas: music, dance, visual art and circus, which in turn are subdivided into solo and group performance, painting, drawing and photography and free dance. Each participant will be able to register in one category only and will make his/her postulation effective by requesting and subsequently delivering the registration form to the Spanish teacher of his/her year level. The Talent Show is scheduled for Monday 25th of November.
YEAR 11 IB VISUAL ARTS VISIT: On Wednesday 16th of October, the Year 11IB Visual Arts students were fortunate to have the opportunity of a visit from an ex-student, María Paula Sáenz. She visited the group to discuss her studies and experiences in the world of architecture and design to inspire and inform the current IB Visual Arts group. The Art Department would like to thank María Paula for her visit and showing her wonderful work and designs to the art group.
YEAR 10 IGCSE VISUAL ARTS EXHIBITION: On Thursday 17th of October, the Year 10 IGCSE Visual Arts students celebrated their hard work and achievements for their IGCSE Art exams by inviting family and friends to view their work on display in the Administration building. Well done to Isabella, Sofía, Carolina, Claudia, Camila, Aitana, Luciana, Marianne, Jimena, Ximena, and Claudia for their great enthusiasm and dedication to their art work throughout the two years’ IGCSE Art course. The Art Department wishes them all the best in their studies and exams ahead.
FOUR, FIVE, SIX REASONS TO KEEP ON CELEBRATING MATHEMATICS! The Mathematics Department is delighted to share even more successes that our students have had recently.
4. The following students will be in the OLCOMA National Finals for Secondary Math Olympics at the Irazú Hotel which is a three-day event, November 18, 19 and 20: Nicole Lipschitz, Diego Laurencich, Carlos Shum and Camila Gutiérrez.
5. The following students will be in the COLIBRÍ National Finals for Primary Math Olympics at the San Clare School which is an all-day event on November 23rd: Leonardo Jiménez, Cristel Haaversen, Daniela Martínez and Isabella D Arsie.
6. The following students participated in the Blue Valley Math Competition held on October 17th: Leonardo Jiménez, Cristel Haaversen, Daniela Martínez, Ally Lin, Marco Jop and Isabella D’Arsie. The BSCR came home with the overall team Gold Medal and Daniela Martínez earned the Individual Gold Medal. A special thank you to Mr. Narváez for leading the team to success on this day.
Well done to all and good luck on the upcoming competitions!