- Saturday 9th March: INTERNATIONAL FAIR at the School 10.00 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
- Monday 11th March: Early Years 1B IEYC Trip - Ciudad Colón / 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 12th March: Early Years 1C IEYC Trip - Santa Ana / 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 13th March: Year 11 NB / Year 12 IB - Information session on UCR,UNA & TEC Entrance Exams (parents welcome)
- Wednesday 13th March: Year 10 IGCSE French Activity - Café Saint Honoré / 9:15 am to 11:10 am
- Thursday 14th March: Year 12 IB French Activity - Café Saint Honoré / 11:35 am to 1:30 pm
- Friday 15th March: Early Years 1A IEYC Trip – Escazú / 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Saturday 16th March: TEDxYouth@BSCR - School Auditorium / 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
INTERNATIONAL FAIR: We hope to see you all at the International Fair at the school on Saturday (10.30 a.m.). Funds raised will go to the Service Learning projects that our students manage
TEDxYouth@BSCR: It’s our pleasure to inform you that our TEDxYouth@BSCR, “The Voice of the Youth”, will be taking place on Saturday 16th of March from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Host - Walter Campos (journalist and TV presenter for Canal 7)
- Laura Winberg (BSCR Geography teacher) - Why you look great today (in English)
- Ximena Songg (Year 11 IB student) - “To all teenagers” (in Spanish)
- Lewis Mills (Year 9 IGCSE student) - Bombarded by an unknown society: a teen in a Hispanic country… not knowing Spanish (in Spanish)
- Estela Guerra (Year 9 IGCSE student) - How your awareness can help the homeless (in English)
- Cecilia Obon (Year 4 student) - USA vs. Costa Rica (in English)
- Mariana Chartier (Year 4 student) - Respecting the differences between people (in English)
- Gloriana Oconitrillo (founder of AfriTica) - “The courage to take risks” (in Spanish)
Speakers + Performers
- Baisakhi Saha (author, motivational speaker, dancer and actress) - Life is about you impressing yourself! (in English) - Dance choreography to “Dance Lightly” by Lindsay Treen
- Sebastián Guillem (Costa Rican artist and songwriter) - Embracing your unique design (in English) - Perform an original song
The tickets are now on sale and you can purchase them at the school’s Caja for ₡9000; food and beverages are also included. Tickets will also be available at the TEDx stall at the International Fair, please come and visit us and learn about this fantastic event! If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIAMOND CHALLENGE: Many congratulations to Lucia Carazo, Ariana Chacón, Sofia Saballos and Sara Sossin for achieving an honorary mention at the Diamond Challenge - 2019. Hosted at Lincoln School on Saturday 2nd of March, the four students competed against 15 other youth entrepreneurial teams from different schools in the area. Their project, entitled Tsuru, was focused on launching an energy drink specifically designed for the homeless population of Costa Rica.
“COPA UNIVERSIDAD GALILEO”: Congratulations to Adrián Quirós Monterrey, Year 8A, who recently traveled to Guatemala to represent Costa Rica in the “Copa Universidad Galileo” tournament, becoming the Central American and Caribbean champion in the U-14 doubles category.
SEMESTER EXAM DATES: We would like to inform parents of the confirmed internal semester exam dates in Secondary for both the first and second semesters:
• Final exams - I semester - from 30th of May to 5th of June
• Final exams - II semester - from 11th to 15th of November (only for Year 11 IB)
• Final exams - II semester - from 18th to 22nd of November (only for Year 6 to Year 9)
Parents are reminded that students should not be absent for these exams (except for reasons of health in which case medical documentation is required). If the student is absent for no medical reasons they will not receive a grade.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOP: If you want to sign up for Musical Theatre Workshop, there are only a few spaces left. Students should ask their English teacher for a permission slip and pay at the Caja by Monday, March 11th.