#01 – 24th January 2020
- Tuesday 28th January: Early Years 1 to Year 1 Back to School Night, 6:30 pm – Auditorium
- Wednesday 29th January: Secondary Back to School Night, 6:30 pm – Auditorium
- Thursday 30th January: Year 2 to Year 5 Back to School Night, 6:30 pm – Auditorium
- Friday 31st January to Saturday 1st February: Year 11 IB Camp
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Friday 21st February: No classes – school closed for accreditation purposes
- Wednesday 26th to Friday 28th February: Year 5 Camp
- Saturday 29th February: International Fair
We would like to send a warm welcome to all of our new and returning families to the 2020 academic year here at the British School. We are delighted to have each of you as part of our learning community as we continue with our mission of developing globally aware, multilingual, lifelong learners with the key skills to fulfill their potential.
Next week we will have our annual ‘Back to School’ nights for parents from all year levels (see the dates above for details). On this evening, we will start with some general updates before separating into different form groups. These nights are an excellent opportunity to not only meet your children’s form teacher but also the other parents in your child’s form group. We would like to remind parents to please bring your child’s completed medical form to this evening.
COMMUNICATION CHANNELS: We would like to announce a slight change to our communication methods for 2020. Following some very valuable feedback from our Parent Council, staff and student body we will be utilising the following methods to keep our community informed about past and future activities at the school:
- Weekly Bulletin – each week all members of the community will receive a bulletin which will contain information about upcoming events, reminders and any notifications. This will be delivered towards the end of each week to the email address that is registered with Reception (please let Reception know on firstname.lastname@example.org if it needs updating).
- Facebook – our Facebook page will be used to share photos and articles on a regular basis with our community that reflect what has been happening at the school. (https://www.facebook.com/TheBritishSchoolOfCostaRica/)
- Quarterly Review – each quarter we will be publishing an e-magazine that will share with our community the details of some of the main achievements and events that have happened at the school during the previous nine weeks. This e-magazine will be delivered by email at the end of each quarter.
SCHOOL SWEATERS: We would like to remind parents that this year the school has an official sweater. Unfortunately, it will not be available from Tonka, our uniform supplier, until February. As a result, students are permitted to come to school with any navy blue sweater. Once the new sweater is available from the Tonka store we will inform parents.