#04 – 14th February 2020
- Tuesday 18th February: Year 10 French excursion to Cafe St. Honoré, 10:15 am to 12:15 pm
- Thursday 20th February: Year 10 French excursion to Cafe St. Honoré, 8:10 am to 10:10 am
- Friday 21st February: No class – school closed for accreditation purposes
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Wednesday 26th February to Friday 28th February: Year 5 Camp
- Saturday 29th February: International Fair
WORKSHOP FOR NEW PARENTS: We would like to invite all new Early Years and Primary parents to the “Building New Discipline Strategies” workshop, which will be facilitated by Gabriela Gutiérrez and Andreína Azofeifa, from the Student Development Service (SDS). The workshop will be on Thursday 27th of February at 8:15 am in the Auditorium. The objective of this workshop is to coordinate the efforts of the school and parents to develop life skills such as respect, responsibility and cooperation in children, which will allow them to solve conflicts and responsibly take on the challenges presented to them. The workshop will be presented in Spanish. For English options, please contact the SDS Department by telephone or email (email@example.com).
FRIDAY 21ST OF FEBRUARY – SCHOOL CLOSED FOR STUDENTS: On Friday 21st of February, the school will be closed for students from all year levels. The reason for this is that all staff members will be participating in a number of workshops on this day related to our application for renewed accreditation with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause to our community.
PARENT COUNCIL 2020: We are delighted to announce that our Parent Council, made up of 16 parent representatives – one from each year level, has been confirmed for the 2020 academic year:
EY1: Diana Baltodano
EY2: Daniel Badilla
EY3: Catalina Bruce
Year 1: Indiana Corrales
Year 2: Fiorella Calderón
Year 3: Maureen Villalobos
Year 4: Priscilla Somarriba
Year 5: Dennis Álvarez
Year 6: Mónica Volio
Year 7: Paula Convery
Year 8: Syomara Bremont
Year 9: Alicia Arias
Year 10: Marcela Abellán
Year 11 NB: Viviana Meza
Year 11 IB: Claire Dean
Year 12: Andrea Hulbert
We would like to thank all members of the community who expressed an interest in participating in this initiative while also taking the opportunity to remind the community that the role of the parent representatives is primarily to:
- Communicate year level or general concerns and suggestions to the School’s Leadership and Governance teams.
- Serve as a year level representative as and when necessary (e.g. leading focus groups on particular issues).
- Help promote the School’s Guiding Statements.
- Redirect individual parent concerns to the appropriate member of staff.
At the same time, we feel it is important to clarify and reinforce that the year level parent representatives that make up the Parent Council will not:
- Make decisions, it is an advisory role only.
- Deal with individual parent concerns as these should be raised by parents directly with the relevant staff member.
- Act as a moderator between parents whether this be on social media sites or in other contexts.
We are very excited about continuing with this initiative throughout 2020 and are confident that it will not only lead to improved communication between the parent body and the School’s administration but will ultimately enable us to serve our students in a more effective way.