ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head of Primary
CONTRACT: National / International
- Plan and deliver lessons (English, Maths, IPC, Art, computing) that are pedagogically sound and are aligned with curriculum requirements and school policy.
- Ensure the needs of all students are catered for by using a variety of strategies in class and seeking support, where necessary, from Student Development Services (SDS).
- Continually assess student’s progress by utilizing both formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records in accordance with school policy.
- Prepare quarterly reports for parents and for the Administration as required
- Meet with parents during planned Parent-Teacher afternoons, as well as during the year as necessary
- Contribute to the development of the Primary School and its curriculum
- Contribute to whole-School and extracurricular activities
- Comply with all of the school’s policies and regulations – specifically those relating to discipline, academic honesty, inclusion, assessment and health and safety
|A Bachelor’s degree in Primary Education, or PGCE (or equivalent)||✔|
|UK Qualified Teacher Status (or the international equivalent)||✔|
|A relevant Master’s degree||✔|
|At least 2 years teaching experience, preferably in international schools||✔|
|Recent experience of teaching the IEYC/IPC||✔|
|Experience teaching synthetic phonics||✔|
|Experience working with students who have English as a second language||✔|
|PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING||ESSENTIAL||DESIRABLE|
|Fluency in English (Minimum C1)||✔|
|Knowledge of Spanish||✔|
|A developed knowledge and understanding of current pedagogy||✔|
|An effective classroom practitioner||✔|
|Have experience with the Personalized learning approach to education||✔|
|Able to engage with students and to engender enthusiasm for learning||✔|
|Comfortable using a range of Educational Technology, including the Google platform||✔|
|Have a flexible approach to working and enjoy being a positive team member||✔|
|Have effective communication, organization and time management skills||✔|
|Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships||✔|
|Be willing to share expertise, skills and knowledge and have the ability to encourage others||✔|
“Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection” (International Task Force on Child Protection, June 2016 Report: Outcomes and Recommendations). As such this appointment is subject to the provision of an appropriate criminal record check and the satisfactory return of professional referees.
- In making an application, for both local and international contracts, candidates are asked to make it absolutely clear for what position they are applying. The School will not necessarily reply to speculative applications; only to those sent in response to advertised positions. However we do keep a limited database of previous applications.
- We only contract qualified teachers who have at least two years of relevant, prior experience. Also, we teach English throughout the school as a first language and because of this, we do not offer international contracts to EFL or ESL teachers.
- If you qualify and are interested in applying for any of our job openings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a brief description as to why you think your qualifications and experience would make you a good candidate for the advertised post.